Friday, November 08, 2013

Kabinet - Pinterest for Cosmetics?

This week I got an email inviting me to try out a new social platform called Kabinet. It's sort of like a Pinterest kind of site, where you add your favourite beauty products to your own page (your Kabinet) and can make recommendations. You can also create a wishlist of items you would love to get your hands on!


I've been having a little play round on it and I think it's a really great idea. Whereas Pinterest is for collating every pretty picture you've ever seen, this is solely for beauty and is great for getting immediate reviews of certain products.
You can browse the categories for skin care, hair care, bath & body, make up, fragrances and tools or use the search box to find specific items.



You can then add all your items to your Kabinet. As I said, it's very similar to Pinterest but I think if you're a big beauty buff then this would be perfect for you. I'm more of a basics make up kind of girl and my products probably aren't interesting enough for this kind of platform but I think a lot of beauty bloggers would really love to see the reviews and discuss available products. My only issue with the website is that all the prices are in dollars. I'm not sure if this is something you can change (I haven't yet checked) and there are a few British products which I couldn't find. Of course it's still a fairly new platform and I'm sure more products will become available as it grows! I also find it a tiny bit annoying that you have to comment on every product you add to your Kabinet - there's only so much I can say about moisturiser...



At the moment, access is invite only, so if any bloggers want to try this website out, send me your email address and I'll invite you to join!

What do you think? Would any of you beauty bloggers be interested in a cosmetics Pinterest?

x

1 comment:

  1. i am a beauty addict and this site sounds soooo fun. i would love to try it.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete